Hong Kong Polytechnic University Summer
Why go to Hong Kong PolyU?
- All Hong Kong PolyU classes are taught in English.
- Hong Kong is a vibrant, modern, and visitor-friendly city.
- Hong Kong metro system is efficient, inexpensive and easy to navigate.
- Hong Kong PolyU is right on the metro line with exits directly on campus.
- Hong Kong PolyU is a beautiful and student-friendly campus.
- A friendly International Affairs Office always ready to assist you.
- Hong Kong PolyU is globally-minded and welcomes exchange students.
Hong Kong is a dynamic and prosperous metropolitan city with a population of about 7 million. Though it became a part of the People's Republic of of China in 1997, the region still maintains its own currency, legal system, and political system. Described as a place where east meets west, as the region is rich in ancient Chinese tradition but heavily influenced by the history of British colonization.
PolyU is strategically located in Hung Hom, Kowloon, on a site of approximately 93,500 square metres adjacent to the Cross Harbour Tunnel. There has been extensive development and rapid expansion over the last 10 years.
Choose one of the three tracks of courses offered by Hong Kong PolyU: Asian Culture, Technology, or Business. Within that track, you can enroll in one or two courses for a total of 3-6 credits. Course listings can be viewed here.
Accommodation and Meals
You will have the chance to live with other American, Hong Kong, or international students in the PolyU Residence Halls
, and the cost is HKD40 per day. Meals are not included, but there are many options for dining both in the residence hall and on and around campus.
Wonder what it would be like to study abroad in Hong Kong? Read Veronica Camp's blog My Hong Kong Adventures to find out!
Exchange Scholar programs at The Catholic University of America provide an immersive international experience for a limited number of highly qualified students. This exclusive opportunity enables students to study at a select group of prestigious universities worldwide. Exchange partner schools are selected on the basis of mission, academic excellence, dedication to internationalization, and a commitment to research.